With any heat related treatment there is always a small risk of a reaction these include
- Mild discomfort – from the heat sensation
- Excessive skin redness (Erythema)
- Hair pinching – (to body hair)
- Bruising – Uncommon
- Changes to natural skin texture – (scratching, crusting, blister, burn)
- Treating over Tattoos – possible risk of fading
To minimize these reactions we advise patients to prep the areas before treatment these include
Before your Velashape Treatment
- Shaving – shave the area to be treated the day before as hair may hinder the smooth movement of the applicator and overheat the treatment area (do not wax).
- Exfoliation -exfoliate the skin 48hrs before the treatment.
- Perfumes/Lotions – do not apply to the treatment area.
- Tanning beds/tanning lotions/creams – do not use 2 weeks prior to or throughout the course of treatments.
- Drugs – Avoid anticoagulants such as Aspirin throughout the treatment, as anticoagulants increase the possibility of bruising.
- Heat – During the treatment you will feel suction and heat to the treatment area. The indication that the treatment is working is the point at which you can tolerate no further heat, known as the “end point.”