It is crucial to the health of your skin and the success of your peel that these guidelines are followed.
- It is important to use a sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30 and avoid direct sunlight for at least 1 week.
- Your skin maybe more red than usual for 2-5 days. Please avoid strenuous exercise during this time.
- Patients should avoid exposure to heat sources as these may induce sensitivity and swelling.
- Approximately 48 hours after the treatment your skin may start to peel. The peeling will generally last 2-5 days. Do not pick or pull the skin. Allow the skin to peel at its own pace.
- When washing the face do not use any exfoliating scrubs for up to 1-5 days.
- The regular use of alpha hydroxy acids(AHA) products or bleaching creams can only be resumed AFTER the peeling process is complete.